Dead Cat - the work of Matthew Gaffen

11/06/2009

Future Shorts Halloween

I went to a Future Shorts Halloween special last night. I'm not sure if I just keep missing them, but if feels like there's not been one in Brixton for ages so I jumped at the chance to go. There was a rather impressive line up as well this time - definitely worth the £5 entry. After that not so subtle plug I thought I'd share as many of last night's films as possible. There have been a lot of TED talks on here recently and I feel like spicing things up a little.

Warning; as these films have a Halloween theme, be prepared for zombies, a llittle ripe language and possibly the odd jump. A happy if belated Halloween I wish unto you!

There were a couple of my old favourites, namely 'Spider' by Nash Edgerton and 'Taken' by Newground.com's very own Adam Phillips:





Alongside these two were several I have never encountered;


'I Love Sarah Jane' by Spencer Susser & David Michôd


'There Are Monsters' by Jay Dahl

THE EEL (2004) from Dominic Hailstone on Vimeo.
Particularly worth noting for it's lack of computer graphics and homage to John Carpenter's The Thing



'Skeletons in the Closet' by Ulrik Friberg


'Shame' by Tom Geens


And whilst I'm on the subject I might also point you in the direction of Midnight Visit, which is hosted on Newgrounds by 'GoatmanGADs', real name unknown.



And finally, a friend pointed me in the direction of a film called Paranormal Activity. I haven't seen it yet, but it looks bloody creepy - here's the trailer;

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave a comment I'll feel really popular all of a sudden